My precious, precious boy is 8 months old today. I truly cannot believe it. It seems like just yesterday that I was only imagining what the little baby in my belly would be like at 8 months. I can remember thinking that he would be dang near grown! And in some ways he is...but to me, well, he's still my BABY. And I'm sure I'll still feel that way once he's 18. Okay, maybe I won't feel that way at 18 but I'm sure it will return once he's through his teenage years. Ha! Anyway, this post was supposed to be about all of Jackson's new accomplishments so I will get to it.
First of all, my little man weighs....drumroll, please....a whopping 16.2 lbs! Okay, maybe "whopping" isn't exactly accurate. He's still tall and skinny just like his Daddy was. His hair is still VERY curly and is still VERY out of control. Today's big event was supposed to be to get his hair cut but the weather is supposed to be crummy so we may just have to reschedule that. I can't say I'm too disappointed. I really don't want to cut his sweet little curls off, but most of his hair is located in the top, front portion of his scalp and it's starting to get into his eyes and drive him crazy. So it's time. Darn it.
On the activity front Jackson is busy, busy, busy. He is crawling, although his technique changes daily. Sometimes he's on his belly, sometimes he uses his knees, and other times he is on his feet. Whatever works I guess! He pulls up, but so far has only done so in the bathtub which is probably the worst place he could do it. But he is so darn cute with his little naked behind standing up in his duck bathtub that we usually allow him to achieve his "goal" and then plop him back down to finish up. And then we plop him back down to finish up. And then we plop him back down to finish up again! You know how that goes!
Speaking of ducks, Jackson LOVES them. We have several small duck toys and read "Duck on a Bike" routinely. We also have a little sign language song about ducks that he gets pretty excited about. He even says "da" in reference to the many ducks around our house. Which admittedly is one of his favorite sounds to make for many things but I still think it is adorable! I never realized it, but ducks are VERY cool. LOL! He is also waving bye-bye (when he feels like it), clapping (when he feels like it), and giving "five" (every time he gets the chance!). So as you can tell he is every bit of 8 months old, even though it pains me to admit it. As they say, time flies when you're having fun! Here is an example of just how much "fun" he gets into during the day!
He loves to get into the dog's kennel. Silly boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment